Sunday, October 23, 2011

Student Blogging Challenge: Challenge 6: Freerice

This week's main idea is global issues.When I started third grade I started playing Freerice. I forgot my account, so I made a new one. If you want to be friends, I am Bigjman9. You can play in groups. I am in the group Student Blogging Challenge.

You answer questions about things like math and grammar. For each answer you get correct, you donate 10 grains of rice to homeless people to try to end hunger. The best part is, it's free! You move up levels. The higher the level, the harder the question. My best category in the Freerice game is English grammar. I hope people join because of reading my post! Freerice is a great way to try to end hunger!




Have you ever played Freerice?

What is your username?

After reading my post, are you going to start playing Freerice?

5 comments:

rmannell said...

Wonderful Jaden!

I am a blogging mentor for some students in the Student Blogging Challenge. They are in Australia, New Zealand and the USA. Some of them have also taken part in the Free Rice challenge.

Here is a link to Ethan in the USA. He is one of my best bloggers, You can see his post on Free Rice...

http://blogs.goaj.org/gamekid/

See if it's okay to visit his blog.

Ross Mannell (teacher)
NSW, Australia

Anonymous said...

Aloha Jaden,
I am so glad you blogged about Freerice! It is one of my favorite ways to pass some time and I encourage everyone I know to do so.

What better way to help the world and sharpen your skills at the sane time!

A hui hou,
Mrs. Jacobs

Miss W said...

G'day Jaden,
Thanks for writing a post publicising the group Student Blogging Challenge on the free rice site. I love going there and will always allow my students to use it during class time. It is a great educational website as well as helping with a global problem.

Hoope you are enjoying the challenges.

Mrs. Hunter said...

Hello Jaden!
I am a 3rd grade teacher in Indiana and I'm excited to share your blog with my students. I think they will be inspired by your post to play Free Rice, too.
Your post is very well written and has a wonderful purpose.

~ Mrs. Hunter
Indiana, USA
http://kidblog.org/MrsHuntersTerrific3rdGraders/

Jaden said...

@ Mr. Mannell,

I think it is great that some of your students have taken part of Freerice. It really makes you feel like you're doing something good for the community.

I've already seen Ethan's blog. It is one of my favorite student blogs. If you scroll down the page, I mentioned his blog in my post, Blogs I Reccommend. Are there any other student blogs you really like?

@ Mrs. Jacobs,

I'm glad you like Freerice. It is a great way to get involved in the world. I've really enjoyed playing Freerice. How long have you been playing Freerice?

@ Miss W,

Your welcome for publishing a post about the Student Blogging Challenge and the Freerice site! It is a good idea to let your students do it in their free time. How many rice grains have you earned so far?

@ Mrs. Hunter,

I think you are lucky to be a 3rd grade teacher because if you want to blog with other 3rd grade classes, there are a lot of amazing third grade teachers. I hope your students get inspired by my post too. Hopefully, they will start playing on Freerice! Have you ever played Freerice?

Sincerely,
J☺den